ALYSIA REINER (BETTER THINGS, ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, SIDEWAYS, and star/producer of the feature EQUITY opposite Anna Gunn ) Caryn was the first and best audition class I ever took. She is a genius of both technique and actor psyche and cutting through habits that hinder us. I use many of her techniques both in auditions and on set, like today!”
THE AUDITION INTENSIVE
“Real Tools for Working Actors”
CARYN WEST this award-winning actress and teacher is the only one selected in both NYC and LA as one of “THE BEST AUDITION COACHES” in BACKSTAGE’S WEST and EAST polls and has taught at many prestigious drama schools on both coasts. A veteran actress & coach, she first devised this class 20 odd years ago based on her own and clients’ experiences. Ever evolving with the seismic shifts in our industry, Caryn still auditions and works…just like her students. Bio and Video
CONSTANTLY UPDATING FOR COVID ERA COMPETITIVENESS
ZOOM AUDITION CHECKLIST, Home Equipment Checklist, Preparation, Memorization, How to Deliver in Quick Turnarounds, Achieving great lighting, sound and work in Home Setups without breaking the bank.
AUDITIONING NOW HAS MANY FORMS
Self Tape, In the Room Tapings, Online Content, Social Media Posts of your work, You & them alone in the room or on Zoom.
- Part 1 Intensive Thurs eves Sept 9 – Sept 30 4 wks 5-8:30pmPT (8-11:30pmET) 4 slots left
- Part 2 Alumni Only Sat afternoons Sept 11 – Oct 2 4 wks 2-5:30pmPT (5-8:30pmET) 3 slots left
Zoom version for both coasts! Designed for these challenging new times, getting huge self-taping and booking results for attendees! (Still $50 below off pre-pandemic fee) Industry recommended. Updated focus on Quality Self-Taping practices, a Zoom callback Checklist for Care Free readiness, Goal-setting, Online Networking and Task Accountability, Script Analysis and Preparation handouts, Anxiety management, and vulnerability. A no-nonsense approach to preparation and confident execution that books the role!
Part 1 $260, or $230 early enroll by 8/31/21
Part 2 Zoom Alumni $200, or $180 early enroll by 8/31/21 (Class Pre Covid $305)
Caryn is all about content... with many handouts to guide you. This highly acclaimed workshop is preparation-oriented and geared to the market of film and television but helps your theater auditions as well.
- Internet Readiness “the New PreRead” : Google-ability, ImdbPro visibility, cutting edge social media handouts
- Foundations of Courage and Career Boost Tools
- Camera Script Analysis and Preparation, Dramaturgy: Making Choices informed by Story Structure, Genre-Specific Choices
- Camera Technique for Taped Auditions
- The Tricks CDs Can’t Tell You at Workshops
- Networking: New ways to create relationships and stay in touch, The Special Prep for CD Workshops
- Your Contagion: Do you attract or repel casting to your value?
- The Power of the First Moment
- Breathing: Your Eyes, Releasing Tension, Dropping into Subtextual Moments
- Eliminating Self Sabotage and Nerves
- 1-6 liners: “Co-stars are actually harder!”
- Stillness vs. the Smartphone
- Ease and Effortlessness: Being Present and Playful
- Artistry- your unique take on the work and your deepest choices
KEVIN KILNER ( veteran actor, lead on 3 series ) “Run to Caryn, do not walk. I’ve been a Professional over 30 years, studied with some gifted, excellent teachers. No one is more talented, thorough & on the edge of what is the latest in the Industry, Social Media’s use in it, script analysis, & acting craft for the camera. If you are looking for the Real Deal? It’s Caryn West.”
PATRICIA RICHARDSON (Series lead HOME IMPROVEMENT, WEST WING, STRONG MEDICINE, 4 Emmy nominations took the AUDITION INTENSIVE twice!): “Did an amazing workshop with Caryn West last weekend/auditioning/goal setting/marketing /learned SO MUCH! Inspiring and exhausting, invaluable”
NYC REGISTRATION tba