Casting Director BONNIE ZANE BACKSTAGE: “A Guide to the Casting Process, From the First Read to Meeting the Network Execs” “Because everything is now viewed on tape, many actors will not be physically in the room with the producers or casting director. They could be on location filming or living elsewhere. Almost as important as your audition is who you have reading opposite you. We have seen bad off-camera performances tank auditions for actors.”
So for effective self-taping, get a great coach and reader/camera operator with Caryn, rooting you on!
BEFORE REQUESTING A TAPING TIME, check availability at the SCHEDULE page, book your hour online there, and look for an confirmation email.
Caryn can deliver a file 20-30 minutes after our session. For other options, your agent and you will have to download from our cloud link and then you upload them ( click on each site to see their specs) :
- FASTEST: VIA EMAIL: as mp4 attachment, sent to you via Hightail.com or via WeTransfer.com
- DROPBOX: your account- the simplest and now my personal favorite! The first 2GB are free. Gives you URL to look at an uploaded file or others can download. Bring your id and password. You are in complete control of archiving your shoots and No Advertising or distractions.
- VIMEO : go to the “How do I upload a Video?” topic. But Basic VIMEO is slow and the pix deliberately downgraded to get you to upgrade plus they wait 45 minutes or so to have it online It uploads faster if you have VIMEO PLUS ( 9.95/mo. fee). BRING your ID and Password required.
- ACTORS ACCESS ECO CAST 310-276-9166 (press 1 if you’re a Talent Rep or CD, and 2 if you’re an actor.)
Taping only and you upload the MP4, bring an SD card $75 hour or Caryn can send you via Hightail
Coach, directed by, read with Caryn, upload $150/ 75 minutes ( coaching discounts options below)
Tools: HiDef Camera, Directional mike, great lighting, professional backdrop, props, help with hair, makeup, and costume choices until you are happy.
Please be prepared, memorized as best you can, and aware of the time spent. 2-7 pages are doable in 75 minutes. More than 8 pages or 3 scenes may take longer and the fee will be greater. The more prepared you are, the faster the session.
PLEASE READ THE COACHING PAGE TO PREPARE FOR THE SESSION.
Any other questions, call or text 818.693.4625
ZOOM / FACETIME COACHING OPTIONS: If you can’t get to the studio quickly or it is late in the evening, we have already have Skype set up (if you have a high-speed connection and a webcam on your computer).
RATES and PAYMENT OPTIONS :
- PRIVATE COACHING is usually $150/ 75 minutes for coaching in the studio or online, but there are ways to get a better rate. See below.
- SCHEDULE COACHING Page
PACKAGE OPTIONS save $150 to $700/hr with a coaching bundle. You will fill out a coaching card at your first session and have 2hours of future credit to use at any time with no date restrictions:
- FACETIME/ ZOOM OPTION: Facetime on your Mac, iPhone or iPad are our preferences as it seems more consistent, set up is easier, I don’t have to wait for you, and the reception is rarely compromised even on LTE connections. ( Setup Facetime and then email email@example.com or Text Caryn at 818.693.4625 for a Zoom Link)
Caryn West is the only teacher selected on both coasts as one of the best “THE BEST AUDITION COACHES” in the BACKSTAGE West and East 2009 polls. She has coached and taught for over 25 years on both coasts. She went to the AFI’s DIRECTING WORKSHOP WITH WOMEN, has taught at the undergrad level at USC’s SCHOOL OF THE CINEMATIC ARTS film school, and On-Camera acting at CAL ARTS and the Lee Strasberg Institute, so she’s pretty handy around a camera. See the “About” Page for more on Caryn and how she works.
STUDIO ADDRESS/MAP Caryn West’s Space for Actors